Monday, January 21, 2013

Writer's Mud

What the hell is writer's mud?


You all probably know about writer's block...well, writer's mud is similar - has the same result, namely nothing on the page - and is something I'm currently struggling with. 
It's when my head is so filled up with ideas that I can't concentrate on a single one. When I'm writing a story I want to give it my best, my undivided attention...but writer's mud keeps me from doing exactly that. 
At first when it starts you think it's great, you have so many ideas and start plotting down a couple of stories...and then when you want to start writing...you can't concentrate...your mind is flitting from one story to the next and back.
I'm stuck with ideas...that come crashing down on me like a mudslide.
It's really weird.

What to do?
How to ride it out?
I note down the ideas...in an effort to clear my head. Besides, I might need them someday. They can always serve as inspiration when the muse is on vacation.
And then some discipline...pick the story that I'm most into and concentrate on only that one...and finish it. That's my plan, at least in theory. 
In practice?

We shall see...

No comments :

Post a Comment