Monday, April 15, 2013

All Through The Night


Pulled an all-nighter since Raz and Lillian took me deep into their world. Good music was all that I needed…well, that and coffee of course.

My Top 10 (in no particular order) that kept me going:
  • Pink Floyd – Wish You were Here
  • Lykke Li – I follow Rivers
  • Lynyrd Skynyrd – Simple Man
  • ZAZ – Port Coton
  • Snow Patrol – Shut Your Eyes
  • Tom Petty – Free Fallin
  • Fleetwood Mac – Go your Own Way
  • Austra – Lose It
  • Sarah McLachlan – Angel
  • Kansas – Dust in the Wind

I know tastes vary greatly – thank God, would be rather boring otherwise – but it’s just to give you an idea of what kind of energy I hope Ivory Guard will absorb and then carry on to you.

I have to say writing in the night is really something else…it’s just me and the story I’m trying to give words to. The silence surrounding me when I turn off the radio...especially in those early morning hours when the sun isn't more than a hint of light touching the horizon...it's incredible and awe-inspiring. 
But in my head I listen to my own music...sounds of people talking, laughing and fighting...like a movie no one else can watch. I'm here and yet far away. That's the absolute beauty of it.


No comments :

Post a Comment