Saturday, April 5, 2014

One of those moments again...

...when you wished for pen and paper or just for your mind to be able to hold onto that brilliant scene or dialogue a bit longer...and suddenly it's gone.

Although I have a notebook on my nightstand, I've never really used it for what it was intended - to write down ideas that come to me while my mind wanders. Every time I wake up from a dream, utterly in knots and overlfowing with ideas that are vivid movies in my mind, those ideas become as slippery as an eel and elude me before I even have the chance to grab a pen. 
It's rather frustrating, really.


2 comments:

  1. I totally identify with this problem, although I was pleased with myself today when overflowing with idea while driving, I actually made a point of making voice notes on my phone :)
    Perhaps I should take my phone to bed too...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, that is a good idea! I'll keep it in mind.
      Now I just have to figure out what to do when I'm struck with an idea while under the shower or doing the dishes - then that happens to me more than I would like. :)

      Delete