Sunday, November 30, 2014

NaNoWriMo 2014 - How did it go?


New country, new people, new sights...
Jumping around the globe like I have this year, it was difficult to keep up with, well, with myself basically, which resulted with me writing a bit on some days and virtually nothing on others. 
I couldn't go on like that, and so I decided to sign up for NaNo hoping that being 'forced' to write EVERY day to meet the challenge would help me find my balance again.

So...how did NaNo go?
All things considered...NaNo 2014 is a success for me. Okay, it's still on, but I know I won't be able to hit the 50k, BUT...
I did find what I had lost: a writing habit, a rhythm. 
Be it in front of my laptop or just with pen and paper in hand, I sat on my butt each day. I stopped worrying  about the word count, the plot, the editing (well, almost) etc and just wrote...and even though it wasn't much, it was a START!
Now I'm working on typing to a faster beat and to push up my word count per day somewhat.

Bottom line:
NaNoWriMo 2015? Count me in! ;)

No comments :

Post a Comment