Saturday, November 1, 2014

NaNoWriMo 2014 - Let's do this!

A friend of mine, Patricia Baxter, recently asked: To NaNo or not to NaNo?
My answer: To NaNo. This year I'm in.




Okay, cool...but let's rewind for a second. What the heck is NaNoWriMO (or NaNo for short) anyway, you might wonder?


It's the National Novel Writing Month...
and challenges participants to write 50.000 words of a new novel between November 1st and November 30th (which means 1.666 words per day). 
The goal is to write and to keep you motivated throughout...to just switch off whatever little demon usually keeps you from typing the life out of your keyboard - be it your inner editor and perfectionist or simply doubt.
Write! That's the whole point.

And that's why I'm going to participate. I already signed up...and gave my novel a title: Ebony Fight (The Guard Duet #2).

Yes, you read right. Ebony Fight is going to be my NaNoWriMo novel. 
This novel needs to be written and wants to be written. However, after losing the notes I had made for it and moving to the other end of the world, I've had a bit of a trouble with it. Now I hope that NaNoWriMo - and author friends who decided to partcipate as well - will kick my ass and help me to simply focus on writing and to forget about the worrying. 
Emphasis is on hope.
I will keep you posted. ;)


Curiosity piqued? Are your fingers itching to accept that challenge? 
Click here to sign up as well!
...and if you want a writing buddy, you can find me here

Good luck (and typing speed) to all the participants.
But most of all...have fun! :)


2 comments :

  1. I can't kick too hard yet, because I see you got some writing done over the weekend. Way to go! Glad to have you with me on this adventure. But just so you know, I've got my Texas "shit-kickers" ready if they're needed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okay okay...I'm writing, so keep your feet on the ground and not anywhere near my ass - for now anyway. ;)

      Delete